“I can’t tell you how much it has meant to us to have such a welcoming environment for Mom to spend time at. True dedication, compassion and love are felt as soon as you walk through the door.” L.
Be Our Guest Adult Day Service (BOGADS) is a valuable resource for individuals and families dealing with dementia and forms of dementia such as Alzheimer’s as well as other chronic health concerns. BOGADS provides a person centered day that consists of therapeutic recreation, social activities, and helps participants find purpose and meaning in their day.
Examples of our enrichment activities are:
- Art Therapy*
- Cooking groups
- Sitter-size – chair exercises
- Bowling, shuffleboard, bean bag toss and more
- Brain Gym
- Music Therapy, sing-a longs, playing instruments*
- Pet Therapy
- Laughter Therapy
*Art therapy, music therapy and other activities provided by funding from the Robert W. & Maxine C. Parker Foundation.
- A break from 24 hour care.
- A partner in caregiving.
- Reassurance that their loved one is in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Care Plans and specialized support services.
- Information and referrals to community resources.
- Flexible and affordable, offering a sliding scale fee.
Please call Suzanne Snyder, Director of Senior Services, at (517) 546-9910 for additional information, to schedule a tour, or to learn more about how you can become a volunteer.
NEWSLETTER & CALENDAR
Check out what one family member has to say about their experience with Be Our Guest Adult Day – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYc6HzJ3U6s
For additional resources visit our Aging Adult Resource page.