During the COVID-19 Crisis, Be Our Guest remains shut-down until April 14th. We will update this as the crisis continues to unfold. However, in support of Caregivers, please check our FaceBook page for various resources to help during our state’s stay-in-place order. One that you may find of help is an on-line learning program through Trualta. Click here for more information.
“I can’t tell you how much it has meant to us to have such a welcoming environment for Mom to spend time at. True dedication, compassion and love are felt as soon as you walk through the door.” L.
Be Our Guest Adult Day Service (BOGADS) is a valuable resource for individuals and families dealing with dementia and forms of dementia such as Alzheimer’s as well as other chronic health concerns (Parkinson’s, Lewy Body Disease, etc.). BOGADS provides a person centered day that consists of therapeutic recreation, social activities, and helps participants find purpose and meaning in their day.
Examples of our enrichment activities are:
- Art Therapy*
- Cooking groups
- Sitter-size – chair exercises
- Bowling, shuffleboard, bean bag toss and more
- Brain Gym
- Music Therapy, sing-a longs, playing instruments*
- Pet Therapy
- Laughter Therapy
*Art therapy, music therapy and other activities provided by funding from the Robert W. & Maxine C. Parker Foundation.
- A break from 24 hour care.
- A partner in caregiving.
- Reassurance that their loved one is in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Care Plans and specialized support services.
- Information and referrals to community resources.
- Flexible and affordable, offering a sliding scale fee.
- Access to dementia specific support group and education.
Please call Suzanne Snyder, Director of Senior Services, at (517) 546-9910 for additional information, to schedule a tour, or to learn more about how you can become a volunteer.
Caregiver Support Group meets the 1st Tuesday and 3rd Wednesday of each month from 4:30-6:00p at Be Our Guest. Respite care provided with advance notice – call 517-546-9910 to reserve your spot.
NEWSLETTER & CALENDAR
For additional resources visit our Aging Adult Resource page.