Understanding & Responding to Dementia-Related Behaviors – June 5th
Join us from 4:30p – 6:00p at Be Our Guest Adult Day for a presentation by The Alzheimer’s Association on understanding & responding to dementia-related behaviors. As language capabilities diminish, behaviors are how they communicate their needs and feelings.
Join us to learn how to decode the messages, identify the triggers and learn strategies to help intervene.
R.S.V.P. required – call 800-272-3900
Thank you to The Kellogg Family Foundation for a generous grant to create and outfit our beautiful family visitation room – allowing families to work towards reunification, if possible, in a comfortable and home-like setting. Additional funding provided through The Kellogg Family Foundation for the reception area.
Thank you to The Gannett Foundation and two anonymous donors for funding for wiring and technology needs. Click here to view the video on G1NBC.
Check out our Facebook page to view the beautiful mural painted in The Kellogg Family Suite (the family visitation room).
MISSION STATEMENT & VISION STATEMENT
|The Mission of Livingston County Catholic Charities is the work of the Catholic Church, to share the love of Christ by performing the corporal and spiritual works of mercy.
Vision Statement: Livingston County Catholic Charities aims to provide quality human services to Livingston County residents regardless of race, gender, religion, age, disability or financial ability.
LCCC – Serving Families of All Faiths since 1985!
Livingston County Catholic Charities (LCCC), nationally accredited since 1997, provides professional, confidential services to county residents regardless of religious preference, national origin, gender, age, disability or financial circumstance. LCCC is a 501(c)3 non-profit Human Services Agency.
Mark Your Calendar for Free Hot Meals Weekly!
- 5:30pm Sunday:The Fish & Loaves community meal is provided by rotating churches in the Brighton Area.Call 734-718-6009 or 810-229-4377 for information or each week’s location.
- 6:00pm Monday: Magdalen’s Kitchen at St. Mary Magdalen Parish, 2201 Old US 23, Brighton.For more information call 810-229-8624.
- 6:00pm Wednesday:God’s Kitchen at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 425 E. Washington St., Howell.For more information call 517-546-0090.
- 6:00pm Thursday:St. Agnes Catholic Church, 855 E. Grand River Ave., Fowlerville.For more information call 517-223-8684.
- 8:00am – 11:00am Saturday: Bountiful Harvest, 803 W. Main St., Brighton, MI 48116. Serving free breakfast weekly.
All rights reserved 2017 – Livingston County Catholic Charities – Michigan, USA.
The 2017 Celebrity Dance Team Vidoes:
- Dr. Terry & Kate Braciszewski – coached through Arthur Murray Dance Studio
- Renee (aka The Great Foodini) and Ed Chodkowski – coached through Michelle’s Academy of Dance & Performing Arts Center
- Carlos Garza & Karen Perez – coached through Spotlight Dance Studio
- Tracy Patterson & Brendan Cathey – coached through The Dance Project
Overall dance team winners: Team #2 Renee & Ed Chodkowski. Fan Favorite Award winners for raising the most funds through voting: Team #1 Kate & Terry Braciszewksi. Over $17,000.00 was raised through the event for Senior Outreach programs and other agency programs.
Thank you to our dancers, coaches, Epic Events DJ Sam Johnson, voters, staging through Garrison Enterprises LLC, MC Jeff Doyle, photographer Sarah Robinson, The Dance Project, videographer Collin Coon, auction item donors and judges – Mona Shand, Maria Stuart, Sheriff Mike Murphy and Crystal Thoman.
Thank you to our generous sponsors!